- LIGHTFORM BLOG HAS A NEW HOME!
- INSPIRATION: Yingjia Club by Neri & Hu
- EVENTS: Interiors from Spain at HD EXPO 2012
- NEWS: Rich Brilliant Willing at ICFF + NEO CON 2012
- JOB WELL DONE: Interview with Insight Design Group
- MORE PHOTOS: DGA & BOVER at Frankfurt’s Light+Building 2012
- PHOTOS: Vibia, Brand Van Egmond and Terzani at Light+Building 2012
- NEWS: Vibia Launches CREA at HD Expo
- PHOTOS: This week at Frankfurt’s Light+Building Fair
- NEWS: Roll & Hill at Salone Del Mobile 2012
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/p8CmKxikL74?a NÓN LÁ, BOVER - Jorge Pensi, Constanze Schütz Archiproducts Design 7 hours ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/LtboX4i39A0?a Reflections on light with Stefano Colli 1 day ago
- @mattdance @erdance Rhythm can b hung vertically or horizontally & you can adjust each 'stick' to create unique shape http://t.co/4NHe3bJKVQ 2 days ago
- @mattdance Rhythm designed by Arik Levy: $ depends on configuration, as you can get 10-40 'sticks' Email email@example.com for more info 2 days ago
- I added a video to a @YouTube playlist youtu.be/3-jnAguHn3o?a FLOSOPHY 2 days ago
Category Archives: Industry News
VISIT the SECTO DESIGN AT BOOTH A12:10
Secto Design Booth at Stockholm Design Week 2012, Photo courtesy of Architonic
Secto Design started off their new year exhibiting at some of the best furniture, lighting and product design tradeshows in Europe, amoung them, IMM Cologne and this week, in Stockholm at the Northern Light Fair, part of Stockholm Design Week. Secto Design’s sculptured wooden lamps, designed by Finnish Architect Seppo Koho have slowly grown to be the favourites of architects and designers worldwide. Secto Design’s lamps are made from Finnish birch slats connected by rings of aircraft plywood and hand made by highly skilled carpenters in Finland.
This year at the Northern Light Fair, they debuted two brand new products (one of which can only be partially seen in the picture above). The first of these is the linear Ovalo Pendant, an addition to the Ovalo series of wall, table and floors lamps already in production.
The second is the Kontro Pendant, described by Secto Design as, “the one most suited to the general lighting of a room … its lightsource is a round energy saving lamp”. In addition, Secto revealed that they are going to launch a fourth finish – a walnut veneer finish. Can’t wait to see that up close.
Pictures of Secto Design’s Kontro pendant and collection at the fair below…..
Congratulations Vibia! Your partnership with Jordi Vilardell has earned you yet another award for your truly inspiring efforts to rethink the very framework of lighting. When we wrote previously on Vibia’s outdoor line we admitted we were a little awestruck. Apparently, we weren’t the only ones.
More photos and a downloadable spec sheet below…..
We have a feeling 2012 is going to be a good year for Foscarini. With a formidable line of additions to their collection, Foscarini has ushered in the new year on an exceptional note. They’ve drawn their 2012 collection together from a familiar roster of acclaimed designers and studios, along with a few new partnerships, and have managed all the while to stay true to their commitment to the expression of new ideas, the progress of production and materials, and their unique, trailblazing futurism.
Foscarini’s 2012 collection …..
This Friday and all weekend long, come check out the great deals at our 2nd Annual Warehouse Sale in our Vancouver Showroom
A big thanks to everyone who made it out on Wednesday October 26th to come to our LightForm Vancouver office to meet up with New York based lighting company Roll & Hill. Founder and designer Jason Miller, NYC based designer Lindsay Adelman and Calgary based designer Lukas Peet made the trip to our rainy city to meet some of the important people who get their great work into the finest spaces around…
Follow the link to see some more images of the event!
‘Here, like Atlantis, the world of Moooi is enveloped in water, fit for discovery. I invite you to join the mermaids in this alternative state of being.’ – Marcel Wanders
Moooi Lighting: Clusterlamp by Joel Degermark and Lolita by Nika Zupanc
Moooi UK presents Mermaids by Marcel Wanders this week at the London Design Festival. It’s a photographic exhibit that immerses you into the world of Moooi. The exhibit will be displayed in Moooi’s London showroom in The White Building in a gallery space that will be transformed to resemble the bottom of the ocean, where Wanders’ mermaids will guide you through the collection.
Wanders is also slotted to speak at the London Design Festival Breakfast Talks on September 23. If you happen to be in London saoking up London Fashion Week as well as the London Design Festival, check out the Mermaids!
The installation opens from 19 to 25 September at The White Building, Portobello Dock, 555 Harrow Road, London, W10 4RH
More photos …..