- LIGHTFORM BLOG HAS A NEW HOME!
- INSPIRATION: Yingjia Club by Neri & Hu
- EVENTS: Interiors from Spain at HD EXPO 2012
- NEWS: Rich Brilliant Willing at ICFF + NEO CON 2012
- JOB WELL DONE: Interview with Insight Design Group
- MORE PHOTOS: DGA & BOVER at Frankfurt’s Light+Building 2012
- PHOTOS: Vibia, Brand Van Egmond and Terzani at Light+Building 2012
- NEWS: Vibia Launches CREA at HD Expo
- PHOTOS: This week at Frankfurt’s Light+Building Fair
- NEWS: Roll & Hill at Salone Del Mobile 2012
- Spent the day installing our new @Baccarat crystal chandeliers. Come see them on display in our Toronto showroom!… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Every @Baccarat luminaire comes with white gloves for handling. Classy. Come see the new crystal chandeliers in our… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 2 days ago
- Arihiro Miyake's new Coppelia chandelier is made of 54 LEDs. Learn more about this light on our blog or in-store… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- We're in love with The Dinning Scene by @RAHIREZVANI. Watch the video on our blog to see how it plays out… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
- @Dezeen rounds up its top 10 picks for lighting designs recently introduced at #Euroluce2017 in Milan #mdw2017… twitter.com/i/web/status/8… 1 week ago
Category Archives: Inspiration
The Maxi Outdoor Floor Lamp
Based out of Barcelona, Bover’s unique perspective on lighting has enabled them to build and design an outdoor collection that exudes the warmth and the timeless sophistication of life by the sea.
“Those of us who live near the Mediterranean know all the nuances of light. For this reason, when night comes, we transform it into little spacelets of day.”
Lluís Porqueras, of the Bover design team
The Lineana Family
The Fora Family
Foscarini’s BeHive wins for its sculptural quality and innovation. As described on Aisslinger’s site:
“The appealing volume of Behive is the result of the overlapping of a sequence of rings in successively larger sizes. Deceptively simple and regular in appearance, the rings of Behive are the result of a highly complex collaborative engineering process and materials research for which Foscarini is so well known.”
Through some creative designing, the light source cannot be seen through the slits of the BeHive from any given angle and its warm, generous luminosity and familiar shape make it a flexible piece, fitting for a number of surroundings.
Watch Foscarini’s video with Aisslinger in his studio, below, discussing his inspiration and process for the BeHive. He explains that its simplicity is rather deceptive as a lot of creative engineering had to go into producing its seamlessness.
Congratulations to both Foscarini and Aisslinger!
Congratulations Vibia! Your partnership with Jordi Vilardell has earned you yet another award for your truly inspiring efforts to rethink the very framework of lighting. When we wrote previously on Vibia’s outdoor line we admitted we were a little awestruck. Apparently, we weren’t the only ones.
More photos and a downloadable spec sheet below…..
We have a feeling 2012 is going to be a good year for Foscarini. With a formidable line of additions to their collection, Foscarini has ushered in the new year on an exceptional note. They’ve drawn their 2012 collection together from a familiar roster of acclaimed designers and studios, along with a few new partnerships, and have managed all the while to stay true to their commitment to the expression of new ideas, the progress of production and materials, and their unique, trailblazing futurism.
Foscarini’s 2012 collection …..